What’s the big deal about IBM Watson? – Luncheon
July 20 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Watson is IBM’s supercomputer that merges Artificial Intelligence (AI) and analytics in a highly sophisticated manner. The technology is impressive and IBM is investing heavily to target it to businesses. Here’s one of their latest ads:
Watson can understand all forms of data, interact naturally with people, and learn and reason, at scale. Across a wide range of industries, Watson can be used to improve the customer experience, analyze and compare data, and predict outcomes. In this luncheon, Lindsay Palmer, who leads IBM Watson Merchandising Applications, will showcase a variety of case studies, mostly retail-focused, that demonstrate the genius behind Watson.
What you will learn from this event:
- The science behind Watson (how does it work?)
- Why is IBM spending so much money to target Watson?
- Is IBM Watson right for your business?
- How Watson can help businesses and brands improve the user experience across website and social media channels, maintain a cohesive message and optimize pricing in retail environments
- How Watson uses weather data to identify alternative supplier and shipping methods in drastic weather conditions
A variety of case studies, including:
- 1-800 Flowers.com: Watson helped customize the shopping experience
- Leading national retailer: Watson chooses the correct distributor center and stores to move inventory
- Sesame Street: Watson is helping advance early childhood education
Who should attend this event?
- Marketing and advertising professionals
- IT and supply chain managers
- Anybody with an interest and curiosity about Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Business owners who want to understand how to leverage this technology
What else is in it for you?
- Opportunity to network with talented professionals
- Delicious lunch included with your event ticket